Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Okay I confess....I'm a liar

Alright, I have a confession to make. I am a liar. In my last blog posting I said I would post a message with something more to say. Didn't happen, please forgive me for being a cold hearted liar.

Now that I've got my smart ass sarcasm out of the way, here we go with a long overdue posting.

Before I get into what I want to talk about first, I want to make one thing clear. "Dubya" was far and away the worst president the US has ever had. Bar none, not even close. That being said I will give credit where it is due and say during hurricane Katrina, he did what any good leader would, and was there to survey the damage and see what could be done to help. 35 days after the Katrina, Dubya had visited the area 7 times. 35 days after the BP oil spill, Obama had visited just twice. Maybe if Obama wasn't to busy trying to suggest LeBron should go to the Bulls, or maybe if he wasn't to busy trying to get the NCAA to try and change it's format for playoff college football, or simply if he would do the right and noble thing and postpone his vacation, he might have the chance to pull his head from his ass and actually get to work on fixing this disaster. Honestly I feel sick when I see a....whatever it is, you can't tell because it is covered, 110% in oil, sitting in the water or walking on the shore, it's disgusting and he has done nothing other than some weak, cheap political talk. People said a vote for Obama was a vote for change - what has changed?

Bomber training camp has started (yay!!!) and in what I've seen in the practices I've been to, my good buddy (I wish) Buck Pierce has been as advertised. Great stuff out there. I've wanted him for 5 seasons, it's great he is finally here. I'm really looking forward to the season this year. If he can stay healthy, who knows what can happen, especially with the weapons around him....and access to a playbook not made of crayons - Hi Mike Kelly! *waves*

Ever been in a situation when you wanted to tell and/or ask someone something, and you are unsure how to go about doing it, and when you do, not only do your words get messed up, and you start stuttering like a bafoon, but what you wanted to say not only came out poorly, but you weren't able to say 90% of the other stuff you wanted to say because all you had on your mind was "holy crap, did I ever sound dumb saying what I just did" I had one of those moments very recently. I've never been very good with words in situations I deem to be important. It would be great if this would change one day, it gets old pretty quick when you want to say something thats important and you feel a little silly whenever you are done saying (or attempting to say) what you wanted to say *shrugs* I wish I knew why it happened. For me personally my guess is when you have something that you feel is important or meaningful to say, you want to make it comes out exactly as you want it, and wanting it to come out exactly a certain way can almost work against you because you aren't as relaxed as you should be. Anyways thats just my 2 cents anyways.

Back to the Bees on Thursday with 6 more days to go. I don't really want to go back, but it will definitely be nice to see some familiar faces for one last go around. My last day is Wednesday the 16th...I'm sure it won't be easy, goodbyes are never to fun. What can ya do though, I suppose it's a part of life.

What else can I share with ya....I bought a car about a week and a half ago. 2000 4 door Civic. Loving it so far, and it will be great for highway driving when I move. Next up is to get a cell phone for the move. Looking at either a BB or IPhone - anyone have ideas or suggestions?

Thanks for reading, much love and big hugs:)

No comments:

Post a Comment