Friday, September 17, 2010

Stamps @ Riders, Pat Burns, and more

Hey hows it going? Not sure if anyone caught the football game tonight, or bits and pieces of it, but it was an awesome one. It seemed like Calgary was in control for most of the game but just couldn't keep the Riders offense off the field at the end of the 4th quarter. It was good to see Jason Clermont make some plays. He has pretty much been invisible since he joined the Riders. I guess you don't mind when you have a chance to play for the home town team. Funny thing happened at the end of the 4th quarter for those who didn't see. The game was tied at 27 and the Riders had lined up for a game winning field goal - a chip shot for their kicker Luca Congi who had only missed one kick within 40 yards all year. Anyways the Riders, after they are lined up for the field goal call a time out, and instead send out the punt team (which adds about 15 yards or so to the kick - go figure) to punt it through the endzone for a single point. Of course, the kick ended up being short and the game went to overtime. The great thing about this is I have a proline ticket that has the Riders to win (on a proline ticket your team needs to win by 4 or more points to be considered a "win") so had they gone for the field goal, I would have lost that game. Needless to say in the end the Riders won by a touchdown which kept my ticket going. I need Hamilton, Winnipeg and New England to win over the next couple of days. We'll see what happens.

Pat Burns - Why can't this guy be left alone. He is dying of cancer (3rd different kind in his life time) and some clown starts an erroneous report that he died today from his cancer. Listen, he was in Quebec to visit some family - would it be so hard to let the man live in peace? When he does unfortunately pass, I'm sure the family will make a statement, until then, leave the man alone. I remember being a 7 year old kid, watching the '93 playoffs, game 7 Detroit and Toronto, a series Toronto on paper should have lost, and Burns took a chance on a Russian rookie, Nikolai Borshevski, and of course he got the game winning goal in over time.

My media program has gotten rolling and it's had some very cool aspects to it so far. It is a very busy program, and I've had a few moments where it seems overbearing but I've made it through so far. I will probably have to get some reading done at some point tomorrow. I'd love at one point to see if I'd be able to host a sports program on the campus station, but I don't want to get to far ahead of myself.

Not sure how many Queen fans there are out there, but there is a movie about to be started on the life of Freddie Mercury, and Sacha Baren Cohen (Borat, lol) will be playing Mercury. It will be very interesting to see what comes of this as this is obviously not the kind of role he does. Here is the link if any are interested: http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2010/09/17/15381021.html

Thats all I got for now, take care, please leave some feedback, and if you can't because it wants you to create a user and all that fun stuff - send me a message to my Facebook inbox. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment