Sunday, November 7, 2010

Football, Conan, and a rant.

Hey all, hope all is well. Well the old man did it again, and showed why I love this amazing game, and what made me a fan. Down by 14 points with around 4 minutes to go in the game - and their season if they we're to lose the game, but Brett Favre did it again with vintage throws, and his touchdown pass to Visanthe Shaincoe was a throw only Favre could make. I know Tom Brady has more Super Bowl rings, and Peyton Manning will likely have more as well before he retires, but if you need ONE PLAY to win the game, who would you rather have? The man is unreal with the game on the line.

It looks like my fantasy football team will get it's third win in a row unless Rashard Mendenhall decides to break the single game rushing record and rushing TD record. I was faced with the dilemma (albeit a good dilemma) to start Michael Vick or Ben Roethlisberger. I figured Vick may be rusty having not playing for over a month, but given how he played after not starting for almost 3 years, I went with Vick, and it was a great choice.

As I write this, I'm watching the Sunday Nighter between the Packers and Cowboys. I will always remember how my Grandpa was the biggest Cowboys fan. He almost always would be wearing his Dallas Cowboys sweater. If he was still around, I could just imagine the 4 letter words he would be throwing around watching them these days. Miss you.

Well, another sad Bomber season is in the books. Hopefully in the off season LaPolice grows a set of balls in his play calling. It's pretty sad some of the calls he's made over this past season. Maybe next year will be better. Regardless, this time around, I can't say I will be wasting my time, or my money - thats right, no season tickets for me next year, to see if 2011 will be the year. I won't be going back unless they give me a reason to.

Friday night, we had another indoor touch football game. We didn't play nearly as well as we are capable of, but we pulled it out when it mattered the most. I got the game winning interception to seal the deal, which was very thrilling because I'm not often able to make big plays, but this one felt great. 3-0 and playoff bound. Lets keep the ball rolling.

So, what are you doing tomorrow night at midnight? Me, I'll be watching the debut of Conan's new show. It's a little ironic how as of today, Jay Leno's ratings on The Tonight Show is currently lower than what Conan's we're when NBC gave the show back to Leno. Suck it Leno and NBC.

One little rant...when I am driving on the highway at night, I've always wondered why people make it a point to get right up on your ass before passing you. Now this in itself really doesn't bug me, but when you have your brights on, I cannot see a fucking thing. I seriously am tempted to slam on my breaks so you rear end me, so you can be 100% at fault, and I'll get a new car in the process. But thats okay though, I'm sure at some point you will drive over something and puncture a tire at some point...that or I will just simply roll down my window and punch you in the face as you pass me. Really, I'm fine with either scenario. Cheers, have a good night, love ya guys, thanks for reading.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment