Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What is your dream for life? Here's mine.

A question I've been pondering over the past little while is what exactly do I want for my life in the future. Sure it can be a basic question with easy answers such as being financially secure, healthy, etc, and those are all great, important things obviously, but I mean it a bit deeper, like what job do you REALLY want to have - not the one you settle for, what kind of home do you want, family - if you want a family. Anyways I have some time to kill at the moment so here is mine.

As those of you who have read my blog before know, or know me well, I am going to be going to Brandon to take a media production course which will get me into the broadcasting industry. Now the large majority of those out of college usually start out in radio, in small towns, or both, and I'm sure I will be no different. When I've laid the building blocks to my career, there are a number of things I could see myself being very happy doing for my career. I would love to be able to cover the Bombers for at least part of my broadcasting career, getting to know the players and coaches I think would be such a thrill.

I'd also love to have the opportunity to cover the Oilers at some point for the above reasons. It's such an awesome hockey town, a great place to be, and hey....their football team is alright I guess lol :P Of course in any career we all would love to be at "the top of the mountain" and that of course in this case would be working for TSN. To have the opportunity to either call live events, travel all over Canada and in some cases the world, for all the biggest sporting events would be a thrill to put it lightly, I'd feel like I should be paying them to do the job (let's hope they don't see this in 10 years lol) or being one of the anchor's on Sportscentre....that would be LIFE - and the crazy thing is, there are people who have done all those things, maybe I can be one of those people to.

House....see this one is trouble because in broadcasting there is lots of travel involved, and I don't mean that as in covering events but I mean in terms of finding new jobs as there is a lot of movement within the industry. If I knew I was in a place I was going to be settled, I would LOVE to build a house just on the outskirts of whatever city I'd be living in. I really hope to have a kitchen that can be used as a bar, and the most awesome home entertainment room with a mounted big screen TV, surround sound and of course....laz-y-boys recliners.

Family. Undecided here. I used to think for sure I'd want a family, and I'm sure to a degree I still do more or less, but with some changes in life I could see some situations where I'd be happy as well having a pick up truck, and 2 or 3 dogs that I took with me whenever I went out. Either way, I'm sure I'd be happy. Thats my story, whats yours?

Thanks for reading, much love and big hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment