Sunday, January 16, 2011

The week that was

Hey everyone, hope all is well with you. Well I wanted to do this blog posting on Friday, but my internet wasn't cooperating, and I was pretty busy with the rest of my weekend so here it is now. I thought I would somewhat stray away from the usual sports posting (but thats probably coming tomorrow lol) and talk about my past week since it was very interesting and busy for me personally.

The week had a busy start, in my first class back we were given an artist spotlight assignment where we had to select an artist and gather enough information on them so that we had at least 10 minutes of spoken material. I chose to do mine on the Foo Fighters. Our scripts are due today (Monday the 17th) but I was fortunate enough to finish mine on Wednesday and do the editing and such Thursday. I think it will go well, I've been working on my speech a bit so that I don't sound as nervous on the mic, lets hope it works out.

Later on, on the first day back I was asked in one of my classes if I wanted to start off doing the sports reads on the news desk for Tuesday and Wednesday of that week, I was more than happy to - only that I didn't bring a dress shirt with me on the way back from home since I wasn't expecting to need one, so part of Monday night was spent looking for a dress shirt, and since the one I got wasn't quite what it needed to be, I got a much better one on Tuesday and a couple of sweet looking ties to go with it. I was thinking at various points how when I was a bit younger how I hated dressing up, but now I don't mind it, actually kind of like it to be honest. I have a few dress shirts back home that I'd like to go tie shopping for.

All things considered, the sports reads went not to bad. I was very nervous on Tuesday for my first read, without any major word stumbles. Wednesday I felt much more comfortable (still nervous though) but had a stumbled over a word which really pissed me off. Oh well, school for a reason I suppose, right? I look forward to doing more of them in the future, and the 2nd year media students (the news show is almost 95% done by the 2nd year students) were very supportive which was awesome.

Thursday was a pretty laid back day. I ended up relaxing in the campus radio station and chatting with the person who was on air at the time. Had a good chat about different things sports related, and discussed some ideas for practicum. There are many more options out there that I thought there was, which was definitely great. Also had a summer job that was brought to my attention that I think I'd really like, but I will elaborate a bit on that once I know for sure what is going on

Anyways thats pretty much the majority of what went on with my week. I'll be on the campus radio station today (monday the 17th). You can listen live if you like, I will be on at 2:30, just Google CJ 106 Brandon and you should be able to find it. I hope to have a posting within the next day or two about the 2nd round of the NFL playoffs. Take care, thanks for reading. Go Pack Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment