Tuesday, January 18, 2011

2nd round of the NFL playoffs, and my week so far *facepalm*

It was a great weekend for NFL fans as the second round of the playoffs got underway. Baltimore was at Pittsburgh for the first game in what was a close game that saw the Steelers come out on top. It was looking promising for the Ravens after a Ben Rothelisberger fumble put the Ravens up by 2 scores. Baltimore however, got this lead through Pittsburgh mistakes, having not been able to generate much offense up until this point or throughout the game. Baltimore would end up caving under the pressure as 3 turnovers in a 6 minute span put Pittsburgh out on top. As successful as Baltimore as been, I wonder a lot of times, and yes I know he has only finished his 2nd year as a pro QB, but I wonder if Joe Flacco will ever take that next step to become an elite QB. A strong arm will only take you so far, and that defense is aging quickly.

The second game on Saturday featured the Green Bay Packers against the Atlanta Falcons. It didn't look promising early for the Packers as Greg Jennings fumbled in Packers territory, which eventually led to Michael Turner running in a touchdown for the opening score. Not being phased however by the home team leading first, the Packers pulled even as Jordy Nelson, who had a solid game, as did all the Packer receivers (Thanks Aaron Rodgers) Atlanta took the lead again quickly as Eric Weems returned the kickoff for a touchdown, but the Packers didn't fold as most teams would have, they kept on fighting to eventually tie the game, and the turning point came with the Falcons trying to get closer for a Matt Bryant field goal, as Matt Ryan was intercepted by Tramon Williams and had it returned for a touchdown as the 2nd quarter ended for a 14 point lead. The Packers dominated the second half on the way to a 48-21 win over the 1st seeded Falcons. My boy Aaron Rodgers had maybe the best game of his young career so far, and the defense has looked amazing. Makes you wonder how much better they would be in they didn't have so many players out for the season.

Seattle at Chicago was a predictable game. Seattle got behind early and never recovered as Greg Olsen opened the game with a quick touchdown and Seattle wasn't able to get much of anything going on offense throughout the game, though they got some points late when it didn't really matter. I can't say I understand all the hype around Mike Williams though. This guy runs the most half assed routes, as afraid to take a hit, yet gets signed to a contract extension with Seattle. Hey, there is a reason why they were 7-9 this year. Green Bay and Chicago, the two biggest rivals in the NFL will go at it with the winner moving onto the Super Bowl, I can't wait.

New York and the Pats. Wow....I didn`t see this game turning out the way it did after New England handled them as easily as they did the last time out. it just seemed as though Tom Brady couldn`t get the offense moving until half way through the 4th quarter when it was to late and they ran out of time. Santonio Holmes had another amazing catch in the endzone for a Jets touchdown. It`s amazing how this guy can be so clutch in the endzone, but drop the simplest passes in the middle of the field. I must say I laughed my ass off seeing Rex Ryan and his pitiful excuse for a run down the sideline as Shonn Greene ran in the touchdown that won the game. It`s funny how both of these teams whine and bitch about each other being classless, yet they both showboat and think they are the cats ass when they win games or make a play....idiots lol.

My week had a shitty start, I didn`t do to well on my CJ radio shift. It's hard to explain but there are these certain buttons you need to press at certain times to let another person speak, and I had a few times when I would hit them to soon, late, or not at all, which is really frustrating because I felt ready going in, I had ZERO concerns whatsoever. Monday just kept on getting better though, as I was sleeping, a semi sideswiped my mirror as it was passing so I need to get that fixed. It's not all bad news though. I had my soundcheck today (Tuesday) and while it wasn't a great mark, I was also told that our lowest mark out of our radio shifts is automatically dropped, so hopefully that will be the one that gets dropped.

And since I am to shy to say a lot of things on my mind I will say it here, since I have no idea who reads this....I miss you, yes you, thats right you, you got it, you. And no, I'm not telling who you is :P

Oh and one last thing, Go Packers Go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment