Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ladies, is there a reason for this?

So, let me start off by saying I have this friend who I have known for a few years now, and I've always thought she was attractive. We talk a fair bit, and are very open about things that are bugging each other, on each others mind's and what not, basically confiding in each other on a whole range of things.

Anyways as it turned out, there was an issue that was bothering her not to long ago, and, try as I usually do, I tried to get it out of her and see if there was something that could be done about it. For the most part, after awhile we are generally able to work ourselves to a point where she feels better about whatever was bothering her. This time however it was impossible, I was getting nowhere fast trying, so I let it go figuring we'd talk about it another time she was ready.

The next day, or a couple days after we chatted again. During our previous chats she would mention periodically how she had been going to the gym and had been feeling better about her appearance. Anyway in the chat we had, I had asked her, just to create conversation, if she was still enjoying going to the gym.

As it turned out, she immediately went on this speech about how I prefer a skinner woman, and that she'd never be a stick figure kind of girl - which for those that know me, know that isn't the case at all. I think a girl with curves is super hot. Gotta love a curvy booty! (just making a point) I tried reiterating this to her but again was getting nowhere fast, so I dropped it. The next time we chatted, she brought up me "preferring skinny" and I told her that it didn't matter to me personally that she wasn't skinny, and that I've always found her attractive. She wouldn't have it, saying that I'm not attracted to a girl that isn't skinny. A couple days pass, and I send her a text saying that I think she looks great, and her response was almost immediate saying "No, I am fat!"

I ended up talking with a friend of hers asking if I had done something, or what the issue was. As it turned out, some asshat had told her she was fat, hence the whole past couple of days.

So my question to whoever reads this, that happens to be a woman is this: If you are looking for a guy to reassure you on a particular something (appearance, or another issue) how come you don`t come out and say what is bugging you, why, etc?

Now, hypothetically, had she told me what happened, I would have given her all the same assurances I did - but that being said, at least I would have had an idea where this was all coming from.

So yeah, I'm just trying to figure out why (and she isn't the only one) women, when they are looking for reassurance, or someone to talk to, won't say what is wrong, or what is bugging them?

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear your opinions. If you can't comment on the blog, give me your thoughts on my Facebook or Twitter pages. Look forward to seeing some responses! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment